Cookie Policy  |  Saved Properties  | 
Welcome to CastleBrae
Main header image
Please choose " Yes " if you would like to receive email alerts when properties matching your search criteria become available on our website*.

*More questions to follow (not many!)
Save search for email alerts?
How much?
No. of Bedrooms?
Go to homepage

Landlords and tax


When you start renting out property, you need to inform HMRC (Her Majesty's Evenue and Customs) as you may have to pay Income Tax.

As a landlord, you will be treated as running a business if you are letting out one or more properties.  HMRC have a range of resources to help you get started and keep you right on everything from expenses you can claim, capital gains tax to paying tax on an overseas property.

You can also contact HMRC using the HMRC online contact form or you can phone them on 0300 200 3300.


You will be considered an overseas landlord for tax purposes if you are out of the country for more than six months in any tax year.    You are obligated to pay tax and declare your income whether or not you are resident in this country.

Overseas landlords need to apply to the Centre for Non-Residents (CNR) for consent to allow us to pass on gross rent income (without deductions)   Form NRL1.    Otherwise we are required to deduct 20% and submit and quarterly return to HMRC.  Joint owners must both apply - tax is related to the individual not the property.


The cookie settings on this website are set to allow all cookies to give you the very best experience. If you continue past this page without changing these settings, you consent to this. You can change your cookies settings at any time in your browser.

More Information     No Thanks